Corporate & Commercial
The corporate and commercial practice advices on a broad spectrum of corporate, commercial and employment work.
The corporate team uses extensive industry experience and credentials to support clients mainly in their transactions in the IT and technology sectors as well as their day-to-day corporate issues.
The team regularly acts for tech companies, start-ups and investors in their transactions within the technology sector and provides day-to-day corporate support to clients across a wide range of industries and sizes. We know that every company has a different structure so we always strive to provide bespoke but cost-effective solutions to clients.
Our general corporate advice includes advising on:
- annual general meetings
- share capital and shareholder rights, including new share issues and other forms of financing
- warrants and other incentive programs
- board advisory and corporate governance work
- shareholder and partner agreements
Our transaction support includes advising on:
- private M&A
- venture capital
- joint ventures
We have particular expertise in transactions within the IT and technology industry, which means that our advice is given in the context of a deep understanding and experience of the commercial landscape and knowledge of the risks and legal issues affecting the industry.
Our focus is on ensuring that we provide tailored, practical hands-on advice, taking into account best industry practice as well as the client’s long and short term goals.
Commercial contracts work is the basis for all contractual legal work, regardless of size, industry and nature of the business, clients will be faced by commercial contracts. We advise our clients on a broad range of commercial arrangements, including:
- sale and purchase agreements
- reseller arrangements
- joint ventures
- distribution agreements
- leasing arrangements
Our approach is distinctly commercial and we strive to give hands-on, pragmatic and user-friendly advice in everything we do.
Employment matters are fundamental to IT and technology companies who rely on the knowledge of their employees. The employment team provides practical and commercially orientated employment advice, combined with sound industry experience, to its clients. The firm has particular experience of advising multinationals in Sweden on their day-to-day employment matters. The team also has a strong Nordic practice and co-ordinates employment advice from all Nordic countries and presents it in a distinct and practical fashion.
The employment team advise on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- drafting and negotiating employment documentation
- managing information and consultation requirements
- co-ordinating and responding to international employment reviews on TUPE, consultations, changing terms and conditions etc
- co-ordinating employment documentation and working practices, global reorganisations redundancy exercises and terminations
- redundancies and restructurings
- employment disputes and dismissals
- discrimination, whistle-blowing and restrictive covenants
- employment aspects of commercial transactions including acquisitions, disposals and service provision changes, takeovers and insolvent restructurings
Recent corporate commercial highlights include:
- Acting for successful tech start-up on its MSEK 15 seed financing round.
- Advising a digital app company on its UK tech acquisition.
- Advising a major global corporation on its MSEK 400 intra-group financing.
- Advising a global IT corporation on its day-to-day employment issues.
- Advising a tech company on its challenging trade union issues.
- Advising an IT company on complex reorganization issues.
For all corporate and commercial issues, get in touch with: Mikael Nelson, Partner, Head of Corporate and Commercial