Today’s fast paced IT and technological innovation has amplified the IP risks and challenges for many businesses, whether it is small tech start-ups or large global corporations. Most businesses’ major (and sometimes only) assets are intellectual property. As a result, the identification, structuring, protection and enforcement of valuable IP assets have become increasingly important.
Our IP practice advices on all aspects of the creation, exploitation and enforcement of IP rights. The practice covers all kinds of contentious and non-contentious IP work.
We advise on a wide range of IP issues across a large variety of matters and IP rights, including related trade secrets, unfair marketing matters and media related agreements, including:
- protection of IP
- IP clearance licensing and other commercialization
- IP development and other IP creation and cooperation agreements
- regulatory advice
- IP due diligence
- anti-counterfeiting oppositions , invalidity actions and infringements
- clearance of marketing campaigns and other unfair marketing issues
- production agreements
- artist agreements
- publishing agreements
- digital media
Our clients operate in a wide range of industry sectors including IT, telecom, media, film, content, electronics, consumer products, healthcare, security, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, technology and retail.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a global consumer products company on a variety of IP and unfair marketing matters including patent, trademark and copyright licensing and infringements
- Representing a major publishing company in arbitration proceedings on digital rights commercialization
- Advising a multinational service company on IP strategy and mapping
- Advising a leading IT consultancy firm on open source license issues and other software copyright issues
Get in touch: Fredrik Ståhl, Partner, Head of Intellectual Property