IT & Technology
The firm’s IT & technology practice is among the strongest IT & technology legal teams in Sweden, with significant experience of advising major corporations and public entities on legal matters relating to IT, technology, infrastructure, telecoms, internet and e-commerce matters.
The particular challenges facing companies involved in the technology sector are well known to the practice’s dedicated and experienced lawyers, who have acted on some of the largest and most complex IT and technology deals in recent years. They understand the peculiar risks in and commercial implications of technology contracts and can navigate through the complexities and add real value to the deal. Our lawyers’ deep knowledge of the technology sectors’ business, economics and technology is one of our key strengths and is mainly due to the fact that many of our team members have held positions as in-house counsels in major technology companies. We understand our clients’ products and services, technologies and business goals and can comprehensively address all their legal needs with practical, commercial and pragmatic legal advice.
We advise on the full range of IT & technology related matters, including:
- commercial technology arrangements
- IT procurement programs
- cloud solutions and services
- application management
- software licensing
- software development
- software delivery
- big data
- open source
- telecommunication arrangements
- technology disputes
The above includes tendering, structuring, contract drafting, negotiation, renegotiation and dispute management.
We advise a diverse range of clients doing business in the technology sector, from global technology corporations to tech start-ups and major enterprise IT users across both the public and private sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a multinational company on the roll out of a new product technology based on software and telecommunications solutions.
- Advising a major telecommunications company on the procurement of critical IT- and telecommunications systems and solutions.
- Advising a state owned research agency on the commercialization of newly developed software based on research results.
Get in touch: Mats Ohlen, Head of IT & Technology