We advise both procurement entities and suppliers on every stage of the public procurement procedure and on complex procurement law challenges and disputes.
We have extensive experience of working with public sector clients to structure and implement procurements, particularly in relation to IT, technology and services sourcing, from the design of the procurement strategy, through drafting the documentation and advising on the evaluation and contract award. The firm has framework agreements in place with a number of Swedish public authorities, state-owned companies and municipalities, for legal advice in relation to public procurement law and public procurement processes.
We also advise suppliers to the public sector in understanding the tender documentation and on implementing a competitive bid strategy.
Disputing procurements is both challenging and stressful due to the very short deadlines. We have the experience and resources to deal with disputes on very short notice and to provide guidance for the likelihoods of set-aside of awarded contracts and the commercial implications of the set-aside.
We advise on all areas of procurement processes at any stage of the lifecycle, including:
- choosing public procurement procedure
- planning and advertising
- ongoing advisory
- drafting and assessing agreements and tender documentation
- contract award advice
- contract management
- drafting and responding to appeals and other complaints
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a major public authority on its first generation IT-outsourcing programme, from planning to sign of a number of contracts, including contracts for work-place services, application maintenance and application operation services, respectively telecommunication services.
- Advising a major state-owned company in its first major public procurement of Saas cloud services.
- Advising a major public authority on procurement of a nation-wide infrastructure computer system, including long-term maintenance and support services.
- Advising one of the larger municipalities in Sweden in its first generation IT-infrastructure outsourcing programme.
- Advising in a large number of suppliers in appeals of public procurement contract awards.
- Advising a public authority on terms and conditions to be applied generally on the Swedish market in relation to certain public procurement entities’ call-offs off IT-products and IT-services.
Get in touch: Jonas Forzelius, Partner, Head of Public Procurement